Sunday, October 9, 2011

GF Hot Dog Buns

I know this is a little late but I just had to post it. This is my son having a hot dog in a bun at a Giant's game this past summer. This was a special day since he's not had a hot dog in a bun for three years. I brought in my own GFCF, organic, nitrate free hot dogs with Udi's new GF hot dog buns. The lady at the gate was not happy with my stainless steel containers for the food but I pulled the, "my son has serious allergies and cannot eat anything here," line and she let me through the gate. She mumbled something about bringing plastic containers next time so if you do go to a game with your own food, I would bring plastic food containers. You can always line them with foil to protect the food. Happy GF hot dog eating!

2 comments:

  1. Hi Kim!
    I just wanted to stop by and say I'm so glad that we could help bring hot dogs back into your son's diet. What a perfect way to eat at a baseball game. Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you to companies like Udi's who are working hard to produce products that allow GFCF people to feel like a "mainstream" eater. So often, my son feels "singled out" due to our diet. It's so nice to see him feel like he's having the same eating experience as everyone else around him.

    ReplyDelete