Wednesday, November 30, 2011

Restaurant Review - California Pizza Kitchen


It took me a little while to visit the new California Pizza Kitchen at Stoneridge Mall to try the new gluten free pizza - apparently too long. I was informed by our waitress that they no longer are serving the gluten free pizza. She did not seem to know why but a call into the Walnut Creek store confirmed that CPK discontinued due to cross contamination issues.

Our server did point out other gluten free items on the menu. I ordered grilled chicken and broccoli for Sammy off the children's menu which was quite plain but he ate it. I had a salad with caramelized peaches, pecans and goat cheese. It was okay. I actually prefer my usual dish which is the grilled vegetable salad. It consists of grilled asparagus, artichoke hearts, corn, sun dried tomatoes, red and yellow bell peppers, egg plant and avocado over romaine lettuce. I top it with olive oil, lemon juice and salt/pepper and it's awesome.

Sammy's grilled chicken broccoli dish from the kid's menu


My caramelized peach salad

It's too bad they discontinued it. I would like to have tried it.
Did anyone get a chance?

No comments:

Post a Comment